I’m a PhD student in Computer Science at the department of Computer Science at the University of Milano Bicocca (DISCo) since November 2016. My main interests are in the area of theoretical computer science and they involve combinatorial problems on strings and graph, computational complexity and graph theory.
I’m currently focusing my research activity on problems concerning the identification of new alternative splicing events through an accurate pattern matching of strings against a graph.
- SGAL (Splicing Graph ALigner): a tool for mapping RNA-seq reads against a splicing graph (https://github.com/AlgoLab/galig)
- Beretta Stefano, Bonizzoni Paola, Denti Luca, Previtali Marco and Rizzi Raffaella. Mapping RNA-seq Data to a Transcript Graph via Approximate Pattern Matching to a Hypertext
International Conference on Algorithms for Computational Biology. Springer (2017)
- Mapping RNA-seq Data to a Transcript Graph via Approximate Pattern Matching to a Hypertext.
4th International Conference on Algorithms for Computational Biology (AlCoB 2017). Aveiro, Portugal – June 2017
- November 2014 – October 2016: Master’s Degree in Informatics (summa cum laude) from the University of Milano-Bicocca. Master’s Thesis: “A new algorithmic approach for the alignment of a string to a graph” Advisor: Prof.sa P. Bonizzoni Co-Advisors: Dott.sa R. Rizzi
- October 2011 – October 2014: Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics from the University of Milano-Bicocca. Bachelor’s Thesis: “Sviluppo di un simulatore di reti di Petri con raccolta di dati quantitativi” Advisor: Dott. L. Bernardinello Co-Advisor: Prof.sa L. Pomello
Email: luca [dot] denti [atsymbol] disco [dot] unimib [dot] it
Address: Stanza 1001, c/o Edificio U14, Dip. di Informatica Sistemistica e Comunicazione, Viale Sarca, 336, I-20126 Milano (Italy)
Phone Number: +39 02 6448 7917