I’m a PhD student in Computer Science at the department of Computer Science at the University of Milano-Bicocca (DISCo) since January 2014.
I’m currently focusing my research activity on computational problems arising from bioinformatics and I’m currently developing LightStringGraph, a novel genome assembler that relies on efficient external memory usage.
Email: marco [dot] previtali [atsymbol] disco [dot] unimib [dot] it
Address: Stanza 1001, c/o Edificio U14, Dip. di Informatica Sistemistica e Comunicazione, Viale Sarca, 336, I-20126 Milano (Italy)
Phone Number: +39 02 6448 7917
- Djamal Belazzougui, Travis Gagie, Veli Mäkinen, Marco Previtali, Simon J. Puglisi: Bidirectional Variable-Order de Bruijn Graphs. LATIN 2016:164-178
- Paola Bonizzoni, Gianluca Della Vedova, Yuri Pirola, Marco Previtali, Raffaella Rizzi: LSG: An External-Memory Tool to Compute String Graphs for Next-Generation Sequencing Data Assembly. Journal of Computational Biology (JCB) 23(3):137-149 (2016)
- Paola Bonizzoni, Gianluca Della Vedova, Yuri Pirola, Marco Previtali, Raffaella Rizzi: Constructing String Graphs in External Memory. WABI 2014:311-325. [doi link]
- Moving backward in variable-order BOSS
University of Helsinki, Finland
- An external memory BWT based assembler for next generation data
Workshop clustering in Big Data (PRIN Workshop)
- An external memory BWT-based assembler for Next Generation Data
Workshop of Data Structures in Bioinformatics (DSB)
- Constructing String Graphs in External Memory
14th Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (WABI2014)
- Lightweight assembling of splicing graphs from RNA-seq data using the Burrows-Wheeler Transform
2nd NGS Milan Meeting (link in italian)
- Memory Efficient String Graph Construction
11th Annual Meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society (BITS2014)
- August 2015 – October 2015
Genome-Scale algorithmics group, University of Helsinki.
Supervisor: Veli Mäkinen
- October 2010 – March 2013: Master’s Degree (“Laurea Magistrale”) in Informatics (summa cum laude) from the University of Milano-Bicocca. Master’s Thesis: “Algoritmi per la predizione di eventi di splicing alternativo da dati NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)” Advisor: Prof.sa P. Bonizzoni Co-Advisors: Prof. G. Della Vedova, Dott.sa R. Rizzi
- October 2006 – November 2010: Bachelor’s Degree (“Laurea Triennale”) in Informatics from the University of Milano-Bicocca. Bachelor’s Thesis: “Strumenti testuali e grafici per la specifica delle reti di Petri” Advisor: Prof.sa L. Pomello Co-Advisor: Dott. L. Bernardinello
You can find some software I developed in the last years on my page at github.