Our research is supported by the following grants:
- ALPACA - We are partecipating to the Alpaca project (ALgorithms for PAngenome Computational Analysis); an EU funded Innovative Training Network for talented PhD Students. In view of ultra-large amounts of genome sequence data emerging from rapidly advancing genome sequencing devices the driving, urgent question is: How can we arrange and analyze these data masses in a formally […]
- PhD position available - The University of Milano-Bicocca (https://en.unimib.it/) is a young, multidisciplinary university active in various fields: economics and statistics, legal, scientific, medical, sociological, psychological, and pedagogical. It is an innovative university which has created an extensive network of collaborations that includes many world-famous universities, research centers and top corporations. In the Times Higher Education rankings 2015 dedicated […]
- Pangaia - We are leading the PANGAIA project (Pangenome Graph Algorithms and Data Integration); a EU funded project for filling the gap between the rapidly increasing power of DNA sequencing technologies and the current limitations in resolving the inherent complexity of the forthcoming volumes of data.The leitmotif is to train young researchers in the area of computational […]
- Metodi algoritmici e modelli: aspetti teorici e applicazioni in bioinformatica - Our research project Metodi algoritmici e modelli: aspetti teorici e applicazioni in bioinformatica (Algorithmic methods and models: theoretical aspects and applications to bioinformatics) has been funded under the Fondo di Ateneo 2013 program.
- Grant: Modulation of anti-cancer immune response by regulatory non-coding RNAs - We have been awarded a Cariplo 2013 grant for the project: Modulation of anti-cancer immune response by regulatory non-coding RNAs. The project is a collaboration with Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare (Dr. Massimiliano Pagani). The project starts in June 2014 and ends in May 2017.
- Algoritmi e modelli computazionali: aspetti teorici e applicazioni nelle scienze della vita - Our research project Algoritmi e modelli computazionali: aspetti teorici e applicazioni nelle scienze della vita (Algorithms and computational models: theoretical aspects and applications to the life sciences) has been funded under the Fondo di Ateneo 2014 program.
- Grant: Automi e Linguaggi Formali: Aspetti Matematici e Applicativi - We have been granted the MIUR PRIN 2010-2011 grant Automi e Linguaggi Formali: Aspetti Matematici e Applicativi (Automata and Formal Languages: Mathematical aspects and Applications), code H41J12000190001. The project starts in Feb. 2013 and ends in Jan. 2016
We gratefully acknowledge: