We list here the main events organized by some members of AlgoLab:
- AlgoDay 2017 - When 26 July 2017 Where Sala Seminari, U14, DISCo, Univ. Milano-Bicocca Why We are witnessing an explosion in the availability of data, ranging from social media interactions, to biological sequences, to sensor data, which share the huge availability and low cost. Since those data are, by far, impractical or impossible to keep in memory, we … Continue reading AlgoDay 2017
- Workshop on Graph Assembly Algorithms for omics data - November 18th, 2016 Univ. Milano-Bicocca. Building U24 – Room C02 Theme and scope New and different sequencing technologies have appeared in the last few years with the promise of overcoming Illumina as the reference platform: PacBio, 10x Genomics, and MinION being the most relevant today. Those technological improvements have shown the limitations of managing linear … Continue reading Workshop on Graph Assembly Algorithms for omics data
- Advanced Techniques for Combinatorial Algorithms - In February-March 2016, we will give a PhD course on Advanced Techniques for Combinatorial Algorithms. This course focuses on the design and the analysis of efficient algorithms, with a strong emphasis on theoretical aspects. The goal of the course is to give a broad coverage of the main techniques in algorithm design and analysis, so … Continue reading Advanced Techniques for Combinatorial Algorithms
- Combinatorial Structures for Sequence Analysis in Bioinformatics - 27 Novembre 2013 Aula Seminari Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione (Edificio U14) Univ. degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca Presentazione Nell’ambito del Progetto PRIN 2010/2011 “Automi e Linguaggi Formali: aspetti matematici e applicativi” si svolgerà il 27 Novembre 2013 presso il Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione dell’Università di Milano-Bicocca un workshop dedicato a strutture combinatorie … Continue reading Combinatorial Structures for Sequence Analysis in Bioinformatics
- Computatibility in Europe 2013 - CiE 2013 – The Nature of Computation: Logic, Algorithms, Applications has been a great success with almost 90 talks and over 160 partecipants. The 2013 edition of the conference Computability in Europe, chaired by Paola Bonizzoni and organized by AlgoLab members, has been held in Milano in July 1st-5th, 2013.
- Ph.D. course: Massive data analysis in the Web and post-genomic era - Lectures (April-May 2012): 1. Introduction Part I April 16th (h. 10.30) Paola Bonizzoni (Università di Milano-Bicocca) The first lectures aim to provide the theoretical bases required to face the research topics introduced in the course, as well as the main technological motivations of big data. The course is oriented to computer scientists, physicists, statisticians, genetic … Continue reading Ph.D. course: Massive data analysis in the Web and post-genomic era
- Colloquium on Unconventional models of Computation - On September 28, 2009 we have organized a 1-day workshop within the Italian Conference on Theoretical Computer Science. The colloquium is devoted to various aspects of unconventional computation, with contributions ranging from theory to experiments and applications. Some of the topics that will be covered include molecular and membrane computing, nature-inspired computational paradigms, algorithmic bioprocesses.
- ASWorkshop - On October 3, 2008 we have organized a 1-day workshop with title Alternative Splicing in Animals and Plants. The aim of this workshop is to bring together the knowledge of researchers from different areas, ranging from theory of algorithms, molecular biology, computational biology and plant and human genomics, that are involved in the thorough investigation … Continue reading ASWorkshop