By Metro (underground) – preferred way
- MM1 – RED LINE: get off at the SESTO MARELLI stop, then walk down via Fiume and keep going along on via Porto Corsini, go over the bridge and on your right you will find a pedestrian walkway that will take you to Viale Sarca, 50 meters ahead on your left you will find the U14 building. Photo gallery at the bottom of the page.
- MM5 – PURPLE LINE: get off at the BIGNAMI stop
Tickets must be bought before boarding and can be bought from newspaper stands and at metro stations.
Tickets must be stamped immediately or you run the risk of a heavy fine. They are valid for 75 minutes so you can change buses or trams.
There is no direct connection from Milano Centrale. If you arrive in Milano Centrale, you take the underground (From Milano Centrale to Sesto Marelli).
The University of Milano in Bicocca can be reached from the Greco Train Station (MILANO GRECO) which has a stop on the suburban route S9 which connects from the stations of Lambrate, Porta Romana, S.Cristoforo, Sesto San Giovanni and Monza. It is also possible to use the regional trains which stop at the Greco Train Station.
The trains to look for go to Como, Lecco, Lecco via Molteno, Bergamo via Carnate and Monza.
If you arrive at the Linate Airport you can take a taxi (preferred solution) or bus 73 which stops at Piazza S.Babila where there is a Red Line MM1 metro stop. Take the MM1 in direction of Sesto F.S., get off at SESTO MARELLI stop, and then follow the directions above for MM1
If you arrive at the Malpensa Airport you can take the Malpensa Express train to Milano Porta Garibaldi Station. Then you can take the Liliac Line MM5 (direction Bignami).
If you arrive at the Orio al Serio Airport you can take a taxi or buses Orio Shuttle or Autostradale, both of them have main bus stop at the Central Train Station (leaving from Orio every 30 minutes and arriving at Milano Centrale in about 60 minutes, delays might occur due to traffic), follow the directions as indicated above for Milano Centrale.
From Sesto Marelli underground station
The closer subway station is Sesto Marelli, MM1 (Red Line) From Milano Centrale to Sesto Marelli.
- Take the exit to via Oslavia
- Go along via Fiume until you find a bridge.
- Stay on the right.
- Go up the stairs and go on straight ahead 50 meters.
- On the right you can find a pedestrian-only gate: go through the gate.
- After 50-100 meters you can find the U14 building (on the left) and the U24 building (on the right).