I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science, University of Milano-Bicocca. My research interests are in the field of algorithms and complexity theory. I am particularly interested in some problems in Computational Biology, such as the Multiple Sequence Alignment, Phylogeny Reconstruction, Haplotyping. I am a member of AlgoLab, a research group on Experimental Algorithms, with a special focus on algorithms for biology.
More detailed information at my website.
- The complexity of multiple sequence alignment with SP-score that is a metric. P Bonizzoni, G Della Vedova. Theoretical Computer Science 259 (1-2), 63-79. 2001
- The haplotyping problem: an overview of computational models and solutions.P Bonizzoni, G Della Vedova, R Dondi, J Li.Journal of Computer Science and Technology 18 (6), 675-688. 2003
- Probe selection algorithms with applications in the analysis of microbial communities.J Borneman, M Chrobak, G Della Vedova, A Figueroa, T Jiang. Bioinformatics 17 (suppl_1), S39-S48. 2001
- Reconciling a gene tree to a species tree under the duplication cost model. P Bonizzoni, G Della Vedova, R Dondi. Theoretical computer science 347 (1-2), 36-53. 2005
- Multiple sequence alignment as a facility-location problem. W Just, GD Vedova. INFORMS Journal on Computing 16 (4), 430-440. 2004
A list of my publications is also at Google Scholar and at BOA (Bicocca Open Archive): the institutional achive of my university.
My ORCID is 0000-0001-5584-3089
Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione (DISCo)
Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Edificio U14, viale Sarca 336 (mappa)
20126 – Milano (Italy)
Stanza: U14-2041 (secondo piano)